R9 Team is a group of Kayak.com technology leaders who have come together as an angel investor group.
- Paul English, original CTO/Cofounder
- Giorgos Zacharia, early Chief Scientist, then CTO then President
- Bill O'Donnell, original Chief Architect and Head of Mobile
- Iolanthe (Chronis) Stronger, early Director of Engineering, then Dropbox and Stripe
- Pete Kruskall, early engineer, then CTO/Cofounder of Kensho
- Raman Tenneti, engineer, now at Google, previously InfoSeek and Netscape
- Vinayak Ranade, early Director of Engineering, then CEO/Founder of Drafted
We typically write checks up to $100k, but sometimes up to $1M. We're interested in seed stage software companies in any vertical. If you want to send us a pitch, please fill out this simple form and then email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The phrase "R9" stands for "Runway Nine", which is just a random code name that Paul came up with when we were first incorporating the company that would become Kayak.